Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Establishing a Formal NPO

As I mentioned in the previous post, Exploring Donation, I am looking for financial sources to develop current activity furthermore. I visited an NPO/NGO foundation consulting organization, called Minsai Center Japan.

The cousellor advised me that I establish a formal non profit organization, in order to succeed in fund rasing. Legally admitted, this advocacy activity will win more public trust, the cousellor says. For this purpose, we need a donzen of supporters.

I will look for some supporters, and then, apply for formal NPO status. More trust and more money are necessary to develop what we have done. More information on NPO and fund raising will be posted from now on.

2 comments:

Rosemary Welch said...

Dear Shah,
How are you? So you're going non-profit? What type of members do you need? What type of work will you be doing? I do not have much money at all, but if you need a name? Feel free to use mine. :)

Σ. Alexander said...

Thank you for your kind offer.

I am going to found an advocacy group. For detail, you can see the home page, linked to this blog.

Bureaucratic red tape is a big problem. I will attend some forums on making an officially accredited NPO. I will write some posts on this issue.