Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Membership to the American Chamber of Commerce in Japan

As I mentioned in a previous post, I have met a person in charge of CSR at ACCJ (American Chambers of Commerce in Japan). I need to find some sponsors in order to found a solid financial base and expand personal contacts.

Ms. Patricia Bader-Johnston with whom I met on January 6 recommended me to join ACCJ, in order to hold an event such as panel discussion, forum, and so forth. She told me that I would be able to expand personal contacts, leading me to find possible sponsors through this way. I am delighted to hear this. However, there is one problem, which is the member fee.

Currently, I am not in a good financial condition. I have not traveled abroad recently. Although I feel that I need to go abroad to refresh myself, I have been staying in Japan for such a long time since my last attendance to the Carnegie and the Woodrow Wilson conference. This is only because I do not have enough money to get on board the plane and stay overseas.

Finally, I decided to apply for the membership, and it was admitted. I am delighted to have a wonderful opportunity. I hope that I will be able to develop this chance.

For detail, please see this link. Those who are seriously exploring to launch public interest activities will find it helpful.

No comments: