Thursday, December 15, 2005

The German-American Blog Carnival

On December 11, I attended a blog carnival of the US-German relations hosted by the Atlantic Review and Mr. George M. Roper. The Atlantic Review is founded by three German Fulbright scholars. Their objective is to promote better understanding between Germany and the United States through their blog. They take up a broad range of topics on the transatlantic relationship, including foreign relations, defense, economics, US politics, and Iran issues. Mr. Romper is an American, brought up in Germany. He is a professional counselor and instructor at the University of Texas-Pan American. On his blog, he discusses various issues on American politics from conservative viewpoints.

The Carnival invited 21 bloggers from both sides of the Atlantic. I am the only participant outside the Atlantic area. I contributed my post, “Bush Foreign Policy: Improving with Europe, Straining with Asia.” In the post, I argued that Merkel as a leader from New Europe would change the transatlantic relations, and the days of De Gaulle and Adenauer had gone.

Participant bloggers focuses on new transatlantic relationship in the post Cold War era, and the effect of the Iraq War on the US-German relations. Contributors discuss such issues from various aspects and viewpoints. For further information, please read Carnival of German American Relations. You will find this event an invaluable opportunity to understand the transatlantic partnership, which is the key to world peace and prosperity.

8 comments:

LA Sunset said...

Congratulations Shah. You are becoming a true international blog.

Σ. Alexander said...

Thank you. It's a wonderful experience.

Always On Watch said...

Shah,
I stop by GM's site once in a while. I enjoy his writing. Alas! I know little about Germany.

Congratulations on your participation in the Carnival!

You are right: the transatlantic partnership is so important.

Σ. Alexander said...

Thank you. It's a small world. You know little about Germany? No problem. Ask GM.

Solid transatlantic partnership will be a great help for solid trans-pacific partnership.

Always On Watch said...

Shah,
Thank you for stopping by my site to wish me a Merry Christmas. I tried to picture in my mind how you look in a Santa "outfit." Quite the sight, I'll bet.

Σ. Alexander said...

I didn't wear a Santa outfit. Just a red sweater and shirt for a Santa image.

Rosemary Welch said...

Fantastic! I was in the Carnaval as well. I'm glad to know I have an ally. :)

Your's was a fabulous article. Well done.

Σ. Alexander said...

Thank you. I have submitted my post for March 25 carnival.