Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Attention to Darfur

These days, people talk about Iraq, Afghanistan, and Iran. But don’t miss Africa, particularly Darfur. The Atlantic Review and My Newz’n Ideas publishes special issues of Darfur campaigns on both sides of the Atlantic.

An extensive campaign to stop genocide and save residents was held in front of the White House on April 30.

You can join the movement through Bloggers for Darfur and Million Voices for Darfur.

Tony Blair, Paul Wolfovitz, and now, Junichiro Koizumi is getting involved in Africa. You can’t miss it!

4 comments:

Rosemary Welch said...

You are so kind to include me. I also have a site called Causes of Interest for which I write about the struggles of Darfur, Liberia, Nigeria, Asia, Iran, etc.

I call it my humanitarian site. :)

How are you, Shah? I pray you are well.

They (Sudan and one of the three rebel groups) have come a so-called peace pact. Dr. Rice sent one of her deputies to close the deal! (Sort of like a kick in the pants. lol) Here is the link: Gov't, Main Rebels Sign Peace Accord.

We are holding our breath, because they have tried this before (gov't). Let's see if they come through this time...

Σ. Alexander said...

A rally at the White House was proved to be the most effective. At the UN? I don't think the media paid such an extensive attention in that case.

I have sent a trackback to the post on North Korea in "Causes of Interest."

Rosemary Welch said...

There wasn't a rally at the UN. They supposedly expect the UN to help in Darfur. I don't want them anywhere near the children! There is another scandal in Liberia with them forcing young girls to have sex for food.

I fear for that 'peace accord.' They got one out of the three major groups to sign on. How is that supposed to work?

We sent one of Dr. Rice's top aides to force them to talk and get to work. Let us keep our fingers crossed, eh?

North Korea? Great! That butcher needs to have sunlight on his regime. I might even have some stories and links.

Well, you have yourself a very nice day. :)

Σ. Alexander said...

When things get worse, the United States is the colossus in need. I hear some child abuse by UN and major NGO staff. It is deplorable.

What's their mission?